Show off your math skills, compete for your school, and make new friends at D’Youville’s annual high school math contest.
Each year D’Youville proudly welcomes high school students from around Buffalo to compete head-to-head and school vs. school in our annual math contests through a partnership with MathLeague.Org.
As a participant, D’Youville will host you and your team on campus at our School of Science, Arts and Education building. You’ll compete in five rounds of questions with a dinner break provided by D’Youville in the middle, meet other students, and celebrate your success with an awards ceremony at the end of the day.
We look forward to meeting you and hosting you for this exciting event.
Registration (2 Steps)
- To register your school, sign up at The MathLeague.Org Membership page.
Note to schools: We currently run two contests each year - one in December and the NY State Championship in April. When registering your school, you do not need to pay the $30 school registration fee for the December contest, but do need to pay the fee if you want to run a practice test at your school and/or if you want to attend the state championship in April.
- After registering your school, register team members for the April 12 competition using
the MathLeague.Org Contest Registration page.
Schedule of the Day
The approximate schedule will be as follows:
- 3:00 PM: Check In
- 3:30 PM: Testing Begins
- Sprint Round: Students answer 40 multiple-choice questions in 60 minutes.
- Target Round: Students answer two questions per round for four rounds of 10 minutes each.
- Dinner Break
- Team Round: Students are divided into groups of six and answer 10 questions in 20 minutes.
- Power Question: Students are divided into groups of six to answer a multi-part, proof-oriented question that will test the students' higher-level mathematical reasoning skills in 60 minutes.
- Relay Round: Students are divided into groups of three. Students answer three problems in sequential order for five rounds that last six minutes each.
- 8:30 PM: Awards Ceremony
Register for the 2019 NY State Championship
Date: Friday, April 12, 2019
Time: Check-in at 3 PM, Contest ends at 9:00 PM
Location: School of Arts, Sciences & Education (SASE)