D'Youville is consistently ranked as a top school for veterans because of our dedication to its military-aligned student community.
More veterans enroll at D'Youville than at any other school in Western New York. We've created special benefits and services tailored to our military, veteran and/or veteran dependent population, so that you can achieve your academic goals.
Generous Tuition Benefits
D’Youville offers a scholarship to all eligible veterans, active duty, reserve and guard service members of up to $5,000 per an academic school year and up to $3,000 per an academic school year for eligible dependents of veterans. Please see our Veterans Assistance Scholarship quick link for all eligibility requirements or contact our office at email@example.com
Full-Service Veterans Office
The Veterans Services Office at D'Youville is directed by a team of Veterans. Our staff understands the questions or concerns you may have.
- We provide support and guidance through personal experience and knowledge from our two School Certifying Officials (SCOs).
- Academic advisement from our academic advisement team to help you plan your degree program and work around any known deployments. Students can schedule an appointment with their academic advisors whenever they need assistance through EAB Navigate. Authentication | Navigate (eab.com)
- It is recommended that all students meet with their academic advisor at least once a semester and whenever they need assistance. If any changes are made to their schedules’ students receiving benefits are expected to update the Veterans Services Office accordingly.
- Tutoring Services provided through: Authentication | Navigate (eab.com)
- Updates on issues, concerns, and legislation affecting student veterans, their families and benefits.
- Information about cultural and social events through the Student Veterans of America club on campus.
- Connection to outside valuable resources such as Veterans One-stop Center of WNY.
Student Veteran Lounge
Our student veterans lounge is equipped with computers and free printing services, along with a microwave, full-sized fridge and a social area that provides a safe-space for student veterans, their dependents and current service members alike.
Mental Health Counseling
Students seeking counseling can submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org and a sign-up link will be sent to them to sign-up for an in-person counseling session.
Leave of Absence
D'Youville offers a liberal military leave of absence policy. We will work with you to plan your degree program's course schedule around any known exercises and deployments. We'll also help adjust your course schedule if you receive orders. Please visit our policies and procedures page for the full policy information. Military Leave of Absence < D'Youville University (dyouville.edu)
Student Veterans of America Chapter
D'Youville has a very active Student Veterans of America Chapter (SVA) on campus. We provide our veteran population with many social and community service opportunities during the course of each semester, most of which are family-inclusive.