D’Youville University demonstrates community engagement through reciprocal and mutually beneficial partnerships that enable community-based education, including practicums and internships. The university strategically collaborates with its partners to address the needs of the public and to provide engaged learning opportunities to its students. Systematic assessments assure that both partners’ expectations and goals are met.
Community Engagement - Never Refuse to Serve
At D’Youville, we are actively involved in various types of Community Engagement, including
- Community Service – Benefit a community or its institutions through volunteer work.
- Civic Engagement – Participate in political or non-political activities that address public concerns, protect public values, and promote quality of life.
- Service Learning – Address community needs and learn about civic responsibility through integrated academic and community service experiences.
- Community-based Participatory Research – Help to advance community-benefitting knowledge by working through teams that equitably include researchers, community members, and others in all aspects of the research process.
- Volunteer Services - Volunteer to support the community and those in need.
Catholic Health, D’Youville College and FeedMore WNY to Open Food FARMacy at Sisters
Health Center D'Youville
Campus Ministry offers many volunteer opportunities on campus and in communities near
Friends of Night People, Adopt a Grandparent, service trips to Puerto Rico are just some of the ways you can help others.
LOCAL SERVICE PROJECTS
The D'Youville community helps meet the needs of many different agencies and populations in Buffalo. Here are a few:
Friends of the Night People
Serve at a local soup kitchen for the poor and homeless
Meals on Wheels
Deliver meals to the house-bound and elderly
Neighborhood Halloween Party – help organize a party for neighborhood children and trick-or-treat fun on campus
Cleanup and moving items to a new health care clinic for Jericho Road.
Community Services for Every1
Human services, cleanup and office assistants.
Resource Council for WNY
Afterschool program assistants, and various community outreach activities.